Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 602

Cloudy here today with rain starting after lunch and 12º. Its 7º with rain here now.
In turkey hunting (by myself as Noel had to work) this morning. Got to our blind at 6:30 am and made a few calls and at 7:30 2 toms came and strutted for our decoys. It took 3 shots but I got one of them. There were 2 other hunters calling turkeys across the brook - not sure if my calls or their calls worked but the birds were on my side of the brook and I manage to get one. I stopped in on my way home to show the grandkids. After I got home and had breakfast I checked around to see if anyone around here cleaned wild turkeys but couldn't find anyone. I decided to do it myself so I placed the turkey in a tub of hot water for a few minutes (suppose to make them easier to pluck) and then hung it in my shed. It wasn't hard to pluck and came nice and clean. After plucking I gutted it and then Ruby washed it and placed it in a tub of marinated water for 4 hours. After that she took it out and we are planning on having it for supper tomorrow night. Can't wait to see how it tastes although Ruby is a bit apprehensive. After I finished with the turkey I cleaned and put away my hunting gear. Then I went down to the end of the park and got Adrian's trailer and me and Vic took the limbs I had cut of our trees on Friday to the pile at the end of the park. Relaxing after that and watching some hockey now.

Got me turkey




















No comments:

Post a Comment