Thursday, February 20, 2014

Day 1614

A cold day here in Toronto/Woodstock today with snow, freezing rain, rain and thunder & lightning.
Got a shuttle from the hotel to Shouldice Hospital this morning. I had applied online from Florida and they told me when I got there that they had me scheduled to see a surgeon on April 8. But I had not heard from them. Its a walk-in clinic so I got in to see a surgeon - quite the crowd there but I was there early so not to long for me to get in. He took all my info etc and then checked my hernia. I informed him that for me to get reimbursed from our travel insurance I had to have my surgery within 20 days from my initial diagnosis. After my evaluation I met with the scheduling secretary and informed her and she managed to get me set up for surgery on Thursday, Feb 27. I have to be at the hospital on Wed and stay for 4 nights. Very lucky to get in so fast as their is usally a 6 to 8 week wait. Then Sarah and Bob (her dad) came in and picked us up. Stopped at Tim's for a snack and then headed for Noel's. I drove back and we ran into some bad weather - very slow going on the 401. Took us 3 hours for a 1 1/2 drive. Noel picked up the grandkids on his way home from work and they were so surprised when they walked in - should see the look on their faces - priceless. Bob & Sue here with us for supper - chinese food. Busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment