Monday, March 28, 2022

Day 4790

 A sunny day here today and 24. It's 21 here now.

Out for my walk this morning. After breakfast Ruby went for her walk. I went over to Trinda's to check out her hot water faucet in the bathtub - found seal of end of valve. Put seal back on and ok now. In the afternoon Trinda dropped me at Clearwater Hyundai to pick up our vehicle and then her and Ruby went shopping. Got there at 4, they finished up work on car (replaced intake manifold because of stuck valve in original manifold) and left there at 5. Got about 6 miles from garage and temp gauge started fluctuation and then hot engine alarm started flashing and beeping. Pulled off the highway into a mobile home park and called the Hyundai dealer and informed them what happened. They told me to call roadside assistance and get them to bring car back to garage. Called roadside assistance and they informed me they would have a tow truck there in about an hour. Let Ruby and Trinda know and they came to where I had stopped. After 1.5 hours and no tow truck I called roadside assistance again and they checked on the tow truck and informed me it would be there in 15 mins. Then the tow truck driver called as he was at a park but it was the wrong one. Gave him the name and address of the park I was at and he finally showed up - only took 2.5 hours. He loaded the car and we headed for home and got home 6 hours after we left with no car and very little shopping lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment